Tuesday, December 4, 2012

POST #1

Activate Prior Knowledge

What do you already know?

Use the 5 W's and an H to help you. (Who What When Where Why How)
Make your first blog post about everything you already know (or think you know) about our nation’s capital.
Then check out this website to see what draws your attention and fills in some blanks.
Finally write a bit about your predictions and expectations for your trip. Who and what do you want to see? Why?


      Washington DC, also known as the District of Columbia or the Capital is on the East Coast.  This is where the white house and multiple other monuments and land marks are.  The president of the United States, currently Barack Obama, lives in the white house, which is also known as the peoples house.  Many important decisions occur here in the legislative branch and the judicial branch because Washington DC is home to the Supreme Court.  The most recent monument created at the Capital was the World War 2 memorial.  On this Washington DC virtual trip, I expect to learn a lot more about our nation's capital.  I want to see pictures of many different memorials and what they were created for.  I do not know a lot about Washington DC so I hope that this trip will help me learn as much as I can about it.  I want to learn a lot so I have greater knowledge of what goes on in Washington DC and how it affects the rest of the nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment